Friday, January 6, 2012

five friday faves

it's a new year, which for me....seems to always mean a time of renewal.  i feel like it's always a fresh start.  of course, i'm always a year older seeing as how my birthday is dec. 31st, so maybe that has a bit to do with it.

whatever it is, i'm always happy to start a new year!  i've never been much of a resolution maker (resolutioner?  person who makes resolutions?  whatever.  you know what i mean.)  i feel like people that make resolutions tend to break them in the first week, so i don't want to be that kind of person.  those people are quitters.

and a quitter, i am not.

this year, i'm jumping on the "word" bandwagon.  instead of a resolution, you come up with a word that describes what you want to accomplish in 2012.

drum roll, please................

my 2012 word is: 
INVIGORATE

in·vig·o·rate verb \in-ˈvi-gə-ˌrāt\

transitive verb
: to give life and energy to : animate; also : stimulate
i LOVE that invigorate can mean so many things with just one word!  i can invigorate my relationships - be a better and more exciting person.  i can invigorate my workout - finally run that 10K i've been talking about for....oh....ten years?  i can invigorate MYSELF - simply put more LIFE into my LIFE.

that's my favorite one, i'm going to invigorate myself. it's not the end of the world if i miss that tv show because i want to finish up that last chapter of the book i'm reading.  it's definitely not the end of the world if i'm five minutes late to work because i felt like going another five minutes during a run.  that's what the lunch hour is for.  to make up that five minutes.  it's time to start living for me, my family and my friends.  
because that's what truly matters in life!

my five friday faves are just a few examples of how you can invigorate your life, and how i plan to invigorate mine this year!



Source: tumblr.com via Catie on Pinterest

















what are you planning on doing in 2012?  i'd love to know!

and, yes, i did just quote harry potter.

twice.

whudda ya gonna do about it?

No comments:

Post a Comment

thanks so much for taking the time to comment. trust me, you just made my day!