Tuesday, May 21, 2013

no words

I was going to finish up the post about the blog award that I received from Kirsten over at The Concrete Runner today (coming soon, I promise). But given the past 48 hours in the Midwest, I'm going to keep it short and sweet instead.

In case you didn't know already, I live near Wichita, KS. We're about 3 hours from Oklahoma City (in the flat lands, we measure things in hours, not miles). Here in Kansas we are no stranger to tornadoes and the devestation they bring. I drive through Greensburg at least once a year, a town with an amazing story of rebirth after the devestation of an EF5 tornado. 

I feel very lucky that the tornado that touched down in Wichita a mere two days ago paled in comparison to what happened yesterday afternoon in Moore, Oklahoma. Send thoughts, prayers, good ju-u, whatever you believe in to the people of Oklahoma.

And donate. Please.

Heartbreaking.

Bloodied teachers that kept children safe at school.

Prayers are great. Money is also needed.

1 comment:

  1. Well said, Catie. We are very proud to have raised such an empathetic daughter.

    Love you!

    Mom and Dad

    ReplyDelete

thanks so much for taking the time to comment. trust me, you just made my day!