Sunday, June 29, 2008

vacation = cheating on my blog

so read this instead...

20 years ago I was:

1. 4 years old
2. getting ready for my little brother's first fourth of july and his first birthday. (in august).
3. allowed to light some of my own fireworks for the first time.

10 years ago I was:
1. 14 years old. meaning i was awkward.
2. was 5'6" and weight 90 pounds. gross, i know.
3. getting ready for freshmen year of high school.

5 years ago I was:
1. at home for the summer in between freshman and sophomore year of college (the only summer i went home.)
2. missing my boyfriend. a lot.
3. dating the same man i am today. :)

3 years ago I was:
1. contemplating if i wanted to stay in school for interior design.
2. working well over 60 hours a week in order to keep myself (and my dog) fed. i was teaching summer school, lifeguarding, teaching swimming lessons and volunteering at boys & girls club.
3. living with my boyfriend and his roommate, luke. (i miss those days...)

1 year ago I was:
1. on family vacation at table rock...where i am right now.
2. entertaining kyle (my boyfriend) and ty (my guy friend) during my family vacation. long story, but ty ended up coming down with us. he loved it.
3. getting ready to go into my last year of college, WITHOUT an internship and gaining even more valuable knowledge working at the BGC than any internship could have given me. it was the best job. ever.

So far this year:
1. i have interviewed at TWELVE different firms.
2. received an offer at two of them and accepted one of them.
3. moved to wichita. who'da thunk that would have happened?!? not this chick.

Yesterday:
1. mom and i unpacked my house.
2. then we drove to the lake house.
3. i started a new book. it's a mystery and right now i can't remember the name of the author but i'll let you know if it's good or not. my mom bought it for me. if you like mary higgins clark, you're a fan of what we read. :)

Today:
1. i went antiquing with my mom. (i got an amazing dresser for only FIFTY dollars that i'm going to refinish.)
2. drooled over a hoosier cabinet that i REALLY, REALLY want to buy. but it's $250.
3. swam with my dog in our cove.

Tomorrow:
1. will probably go out in the boat....
2. and ski and wakeboard....
3. and drink beer with the parentals!

In the next year I will:
1. will start my new job.
2. and hopefully like it a lot.
3. will probably be deciding if it's time to move and be with my DO (designated other) for good. actually, he'll have to decide what he's going to do before i decide a damn thing.

And I tag: anyone who wants it. :)

1 comment:

  1. Awesome. Fun to see where we were and where we want to be. Have fun on your vaca! btw I'm totally jealous of the dresser you found.

    ReplyDelete

thanks so much for taking the time to comment. trust me, you just made my day!