Monday, May 18, 2009

Monday, Monday, MONDAY!!

Dontcha just love it when Al does that on the Today Show?!? Yeah...I know, I'm a dork. I've come to terms with it. You should, too.

ANYWAY, I was so pumped for tonight, and not just because Jon and Kate Plus 8 was on. Because I've recently gotten into some totally awesome money saving and couponing blogs (I'll list the really awesome ones in a blog roll soon) and tonight was my trip to the store.

First of all, I should tell you, I'm really into coupons. I always have been. It's my mom's fault, I remember her doing it when I was a kid and I loved to help her cut them out. Not sure why...I just remember that. That and our awesome pink dining room chairs. Gotta love the 80s.

So, thanks to THIS post by Stretching a Buck and sneeking a peek at my boyfriend's mom's ads, I saved a TON of money at Target. Granted, I didn't get quite as good of deals because every Target has different sales (and I made the mistake of taking Kyle) and because Kyle will be here all week so I bought more than normal, but I got some good ones still. Here's some highlights...

Nabisco 100 Calorie Pack (I got the Oreos...yum!)
FREE after two coupons!

Ritz Crackers (and Kyle's favorite cracker)
FREE after two coupons!

Playtex Tampons (TMI? Oh well...)
2 pkgs for $14 and I got a $5 gift card back

AND...MY FAVE...

Bertolli Frozen Dinners
4 pkgs for $6 each
2 coupons, one for $1.50, the other for $1.00
Got a $5 gift card back
FINAL PRICE - $5.37ish and I have the new gift card

Total Bill - $97.86

Savings $26.97 ($12.50 in coupons, the rest in sales)
And I walked away with $10 in gift cards for next time!

Once I'm settled into my new house, my next goal is to subscribe to the newpaper and get all the inserts again. I signed up for Red Plum today, but the paper has even more. It's totally worth it.

1 comment:

  1. LOVE Jon and Kate. ET last night had an interview with the sister-in-law, Jodi. She said that a little while ago, Kate approached Jon with a contract, saying he could have girlfriends, but they'd stay married and keep doing the show. Crazy, huh?

    AWESOME on all the deals! I used to coupon with my mom, too. I even remember the coupon bin at the back of the grocery store. I loved sifting through that thing. But we don't get the paper, and I've never tried to do it online. I just go to wal-mart, unfortunately.

    ReplyDelete

thanks so much for taking the time to comment. trust me, you just made my day!