Saturday, March 30, 2013

Easter Sun Run 10k

Today was a race day I've been really been looking forward to! It was my first run with my new running group and since it was on the west side of Wichita, I knew a lot of people I went to high school with would be there, too.


We started the weekend off right on Friday night by hanging out with at some friend's house, drinking wine, watching the KU game and playing princess and dragons with the kiddos. Staying up WAYYY too late when I knew a I had a race the next day, but I was using it more as a training run anyway.


Not everyone was able to show up, but I did get to steal this photo from one of the girl's in the group! Only two of us are from the west side group, but I met up with one other girl before the race started. I was SO GLAD we found each other, too. We started together, but I lost her in the first mile, found her again somewhere in the second mile and paced with her through the end. Our times were identical. YAY for running group friends!

See these other girls? THEY are why I do yoga. I can't wait to look long and lean like that!


My official time was 56:01, but my Nike + actually said I completed the 10k about two minutes and over a quarter of a mile before I crossed the finish line. New PR!



Then I went home and immediately got on RunWichita (to look for more races, please tell me that I'm not the only one that does that...finishes a race and then immediately signs up for another one?) and I saw that the race that I'm helping to organize got listed on their calendar! BIG TIME, FOLKS! I'm so excited!!



After the race I had a bit of a sour stomach or food poisoning or something, so Kyle gracefully let me take an hour and a half nap before we headed outside to paint all this lumber for our chicken tractor! It's all coming together!

AND THEN WICHITA STATE MADE IT INTO THE FINAL FOUR!!

Of course, I'm KSU Wildcat through and through, but the hometown team as a Cinderella story? That's pretty fabulous! WOOOOSHOCK!

No comments:

Post a Comment

thanks so much for taking the time to comment. trust me, you just made my day!